For situations where an employers assessment of first aid requirements identifies that a full FAW trained first aider is not required. The training should be 1 day in duration (6 hours) or 3-4 weeks duration with a minimum of 2 hours per session.
The course is HSE/OFQUAL approved.
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Prevention of cross infection
- Recording incidents and actions
- Assess situations in order to act safely, promptly and efficiently in an emergency
- Administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty suffering from shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleedling
- Provide treatment for minor injuries
- Provide treatment for burns and scalds