The duration of course is 6 hours (1 day) and suitable for people who work with children.
- Understand the principle role of the first aider
- Assess situations and carry out appropriate actions (including informing emergency services)
- Administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) promptly and efficiently to children and babies who is unconscious (including placing them in a recovery position), wounded or bleeding or choking
- Provide appropriate treatment for minor injuries
- Recognise and treat shock
- Understand the basic principles of personal hygiene in first aid procedures